Thursday, December 22, 2005

Guy Logic




So let's back up a minute first. Why did I decide to do a triathlon in the first place. Well there are two paths to the the truth. The first involves what I cal "guy logic". Guy logic goes like this=="My wife needs help, I'll go ride a bike". Interestingly enough this path makes perfect sense to every guy I have talked and elicits evil laughs from every woman.
The second path follows my own internal rationalization:
1)My wife is getting weaker , so I need to get stronger
2)Our kids need to see something good happening even though a different bad thing is also happening
3)My wife should have a husband worthy of the effort she has to put out
None of these turn out ot be really true but it all makes sense to me at the start.

Back to the story--So I dropped out of St. Anthony's to help my wife. Late in the spring of 2005, however, I knew she was going to get better. By my calculation, she would be in full swing recovery by the time of the Chicago Tri. A great way to celebrate. So I secretly started training with that goal in mind.

I'll tell you about the training later, but let me assure you now--my wife was at that finish line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home