Thursday, May 04, 2006

Give up when you feel like it


Above is a post race picture to prove that I was actually there and that I still had a sense of humour.

I am getting a little better but the lungs are pretty bad. Short of Breath on the stairs bad. I spoke to me friend Buddy tonight. He wants me to do a Century ride in July with him. He also thinks I have pneumonia.

I am re-reading Brad Kearn's book, "Breakthrough Triathlon Training". Actually it discusses very little about training and a lot about how to live life.

I was re-reading the book because I think I need to develop a more competitive attitude during training and on race day. I am not really comfortable pushing it.

So I made up my mind to change my outlook and then along comes a quote like the following:

"When I asked Lance Armstrong about his mental training and preparation for competition, he revealed that he gave them little thought! To Lance, the important thing is to do the physical work on the road and live a life that is congruent with his purpose of winning the Tour de France".

Now what do I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home