Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Christmas Pageant Pain

Since we were discussing pain, I thought I would go to the Christmas Pageant.
So Christopher and his kindergarten class had their Christmas Pageant today. A classic with all the great holiday trappings--kids mumbling into microphones, line cues from the teacher and wacky costumes. Well that's a little bit of an exageration.
Actually the play was amazing. The kids are really talented and have stage savy like little DeNiros. I was impressed.
But I was most impressed that we all made it there. Lisa, me, Andrew, Christopher --along with Gerry, Ginger and Chase. What pain did we all go through to arrive at this pageant? Lisa most obviously and the rest of us by extension. But it makes the situation more valuable and more real.
So our Team in Training season begins and our goal is to reduce pain. To raise money so that others will not suffer in the future and so that some will suffer less in the present. That's why the pain is good--it is a manifestation of our will to live and our will to do good.
Ok I like the pain. I'd prefer not to throw up but if I have to......
Stay tuned and we''ll keep you up to date. Oh and once I get back in the flow--the blog gets really funny and wacky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home