Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Take a Load Off, Fanny

I am beginning to feel The Weight, just a little. The other day I woke up and it hit. Lot's of stuff going on the past two years and it all started to get to me. So I went running on our new treadmill. A perfect metaphor, lots of action getting you nowhere.

The other day I was riding with the two kids which is painful for them, because they have to talk to me. So I said, "It makes me happy to ride with you two because I can tell jokes, make you laugh and that makes you happy". Christopher fires back, "You don't have to laugh to be happy. You can be happy doing other things". So I thought for a little time. I said, "What about when you bang yor head and it hurts. Are you still happy?" Without missing a beat he says, "Only one little part of you is sad. The whole rest of you stays happy". Now my goal over the last two years was to show the kids that when one bad thing happens, the rest of the world does not fall apart.

"....and, and you put the load right on me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home