Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I don't wash my calves

We went to the Red's game tonight. So first about the game.

Christopher and I went down to see the Reds. Now they are doing well which is actually a big problem for me. I like baseball in any fashion and I like geting cheap tickets from scalpers. I take it as a source of fatherly pride that my children know how to scalp.

But the Reds are doing well and last night's game was sold out. No ticket at the window and few scalper tickets. We finally scored some outfield seats that were pretty good. Of course I am only going to sit in them for one minute as we parade for peanuts, sno cones etc. But I did my best. Kid finally gave out in the before ninth inning. So off we go. We get into our car and turn on the radio to hear the Red's winning home run go over the center field wall. Glad I bought those tickets. But that's not the important thing that happened.

When you do a triathlon, they mark your arms and legs with numbers and stuff. On your legs they mark "ITT" for international distance race and "44" for my age group. Now these markings come off slowly. Tonight a guy, "kid", asked me what these initial meant. So I explained and he seemed impressed. No Really. I told him, "Anyone, could do these races with a little training". He said, "Are you kidding? Look at the people in this line." I said nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home