Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Bigger Bang

Independence day. A little rainy here in Cincinnati and I am on call. Not too bad though. Over the past two years my partners have pulled most of the weight while my wife was sick. So I am happy to be working.
The reporter who spoke with me on Monday was trying to understand how I could respond that Triathlon had made me both more balanced and, at the same time, more focused. Today was a good example.
Despite being on call, my coach had designed a special call "brick". A brick is when you train multiple sports back to back. The call "brick" takes the unique restrictions of being on call and combines them with the need to not lose ground. Voila!--The call brick----bike-run--bike---run--bike ----run ---home. So the focused part is that I awoke this morning planning how I would get this brick in today. The balanced part came about because I was still able to make it home and help with the kids, set up Lisa's satellite radio and put the kids to bed.
More focused---More balanced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home