Friday, June 16, 2006

Fishkill

You really cannot make this stuff up. My troubles in swimming are legendary. But now I have to add a new danger to my list.

FISH KILLING TOXINS

And these are Philly fish. Everyone knows that Philly fish are the toughest fish.

Here is an email that we got from the Philly race director. My plan is to keep my mouth pointed downstream and to move fast.



"..... This fish kill (which has ceased) was approximately 10 miles from
the area in which we swim. And the fish kill (only hundreds of fish by
the way) never extended substantially downstream.

2) It is my understanding that test results are being released today
that show the River to be safe from the toxins that had caused the fish
kill; it is these results which are opening the water back up again for
regular use. Additionally, it is my understanding that the EPA’s
advisory was made yesterday as a precaution until the results of the tests
were known......"

Gulp or NO Gulp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home