Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stop Trying


A little picture of David and me at the Tri for Joe. David did not get an official time for the race since he knocked his "ChampionChip" timing chip off his ankle. Rumour has it he was about 15 minutes ahead of me ON LISA's OLD BIKE.

It is really bugging me that my times are so slow. This despite a fairly good work ethic and consistent workouts. So back to the drawing board. More swim lessons.

One of the big issues in swimming is keeping your head down. Basically, most people pull their head up which causes hips to fall and then you are swimming like a seahorse. Lots of drag. So I know this. The worse I do, the more I try to get my head down. So tonight I wanted to show the new Teach how hard I have been working. I start out with a nice low head position. "Surely she will be impressed".

Wrong!!!! Turns out I have been putting my head too low. Turns out if your head is too low you are far away from the air. Turns out air contains oxygen. Turns out you need oxygen to breathe. Turns out the harder I was trying the "worsester" I was doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home