Thursday, June 15, 2006

Lourdes

2 Things

1)I think something good might happen. I am not sure, but it might.

2)There is this connection between hope and physical challenge. We see it in one form when people root for sports teams. We` see it in higher forms when the challenge is great and the athlete has overcome much. It rises further still when people have had to rise from great depths of despair. So we have the "Lance" effect. An irrational attachment comes about where the ability to overcome one thing is attached to a physical event. Somehow, we think that if Lance Armstrong can win the Tour de France, cancer, maybe my cancer, will be cured.
I believe this. In my mind, if one person can survive then we all can survive. When Lisa was diagnosed with cancer the first website I went to was Bob Schimmel's. I was always a huge Schimmel fan but I knew that he had recently been successfully treated for Stage IV Lymphoma. If I could see one guy still alive...
So Lance becomes our irrational, but real, Lourdes. Care for a drink????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home