Saturday, June 03, 2006

Sweat the Small Stuff

I am getting ready for the Phill Tri. I am still not in great shape. Now Philly was always meant to be a "C" race. Triathletes plan seasons with "A", "B" and "C" races aand then focus on them in that order. So a "C" race is really just a training event.

Even taken that into acount I am still going to have to throw the hammer down in the next couple of weeks. So how to approach this race. Work on the small stuff. I am back to the drawing board and getting swim lessons--technique, drills etc. Small stuff. I am also going to try to improve my transitions.

Yes, transitions. Triathlon is really one giant event and not three separate events. So how fast yo tie your shoes in between events cna be the easiest way to improve your time. Tonight, for instance, I put Yankz cords in my shoes. Yankz cords let you put on your shoes without tying laces===pretty smart..

So to review

Transition One

Run out of the swim and take wetsuit down half way, ge to transition and take wetsuit off--Go ahead and try it.
Next get helmet and glasses on---penalty if you forget your helmet.
Pop on bike shoes and get rolling

Transition Two

Rerack bike
Off goes the helmet
Keep the glasses
Switch to sneakers--remember the Yankz
On with the hat if Sunny and off we go


Oh by the way--only wusses wear socks----I wear socks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home