Monday, June 12, 2006

The Weekend

Saturday was interesting. Lots of rain, dark skies and cold temps. So I went out to the Team in Training practice at the lake. Four people showed up including the coach. In my mind this is perfect. I think on bad days you get point for just showing up. So we rode 12 miles and I got to ride with Scott, who was treated many years ago for Lymphoma. A bunch of crazy stories from him. Great practice to handle the bike in the rain. Back to the lot and off on a run. Back to the lot. Is there anyway we can resist a swim in the rain? No way--so off for a half mile sort of swim--not too aggressive.
Now I was headed back home but I still was not sure how I could get in my swim sprint training. I figured I would have to do it later in the day.
On the phone heading home I heard that Christopher's swim lesson was postponed by one half hour. Are you thinking what I am thinking? I mean I am sitting in my car in my wet tri shorts and heading towards the pool. Perfect I get to the pool and dash in with googles in tow. Christopher is having his practice and Andrew is watching. I dive in the pool and get my sprints in.
This tri thing has certainly taught me to find ways to get things done rather than to dwell on the roadblocks.
Sunday a long ride on the newer part of the Loveland bike trail (Total length 70 miles). Perfect again.

2 weeks to Philly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home