Sunday, June 18, 2006

Go West, Young Man

I had a great weekend training, sort of.

Friday was running night and I did really well. Tackled the Erie Ave. hill back up towards Haps. Right before the workout I got a call from my New York Coach, Walter, who was in Boulder. I believe he has family out there and was also talking to Inside Triathlon magazine.

Saturday was great. Started out at 6am with swim and run alternating at Ceasar's Creek. Ended up riding with Team in Training after that. Tons of triathletes in the water out there. Perfect.

Ok so what about Sunday? Let me review the unplanned route (And see how many Cincinnatians I can make fall off their chairs).

Mt. Lookout
Columbia
Stadiums
Downtown
Industrial Westside
Price Hill
Western Hills
Mt. Airy Forest
Harrison
A couple of towns that i cannot name
ROSS
Hamilton
Fairfield
A couple of places with "park" in the name
Glendale
Woodlawn
Roselawn
Wyoming
Carthage
St. Bernard
Bond Hill
Clifton
Obryanville
Hyde Park
Mt Lookout


Let's just say I got lost, but always knew where I was. I just could'nt get from there to here.

Along the way:
1)Ran over a full bottle of beer
2)Crashed bigtime on train tracks
3)Got smoked by a hippie chick wearing flip flops who asked if I was a "racer"
4)Thought back to earlier in the morning, "Naw, I won't take the cell phone"

Here's a tip: If you go out for a nice easy bike ride avoid places with names like, Price HILL, Western HILLSSSS, MOUNT Echo, MOUNT Lookout. I think you get the picture.

I always try to come away from things with a take home message. There is no take home message from today's escapade.

One Week to -Philly

1 Comments:

Blogger tbooth said...

Yowza...did you seriously ride to all of those places?? I am impressed!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home