Friday, August 01, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again


The old blog has been dull for a time. Not much to say but now I think is a good time to re-activate.

For all of our TeamBigWave donors we promised a few suprises this year. So here's one fer ya.

End of this month, I will be attempting the Ironman distance race at Louisville. Seemed like a good way to celebrate Lisa's successful treatment three years ago.

I have been in training for about 9 months now and I must say that I have left myself a little short. My hope was to have enough training to guarentee a slow time but a finish for sure. I left myself holding on for dear life and will need a near perfect race and a little luck to complete the race in around 17-18 hours.

To review: The swim is 2.4 miles in the Ohio River--I know --THE OHIO RIVER. Next we move onto a 112 mile bike. The course itself is beautiful but an absolute monster with several thousand feet of climbing. Finally a marathon through the streets of Louisville. Oh did I mention that UK and U Louisville decided to play a football game on the very same day and right on the course.

More about all of this over the next month.

1 Comments:

Blogger gray fox said...

Tom,
You're the man! I'm so impressed you are attempting this major feat. Good luck with your training. I will be attending a Team in Training meeting next week for a possible attempt at another 1/2 marathon in Phoenix next January. We'll have to see how the old joints repond. Hugs to Lisa and the boys!
Carol

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home