Monday, August 25, 2008

I Could not Sleep

I could not sleep last night. Still jacked up from being on call which seems to be taking a bigger toll over time. So I was awake and running things through my mind.

1)I have to drink 250-300 calories each hour. I make drinks with 2 scoops of Infinit mix in 20 oz water. I will make the drinks as I go to get cold water. But how best to carry the mix?

2)I decided to get a pedicure. Will they clip my nails which is really all I want? Does it make sense to race 140.6 miles but not bend over and touch your toes with a clipper? Will this make me like Judy Garland ( more)--not that there is anything wrong with that?

3)How best to shuttle Lisa and the kids back and forth? A 17 hour race where you see your racer for a total of 130 seconds is a pretty bad deal.

4)Will my front tire hold air well? I have had some concerns.

5)Joe Biden had a Scranton tie in. That is probably a good thing.

6)What will be my motivation when things get tough. How come things seem tough even at mile one for me.

7)It will be kind of embarrassing if I fail to finish. I think to conversation goes like this: 1)If I finish---Wife to husband, "Well , I thought you said he was too fat to finish? And I hear he bought his wife dinner?" 2)If I fail to finish---Husband to wife, "I told you he was going to fail. He is such an idiot."

8)How cool will it be to finish? Will I be able to walk over and pick up my bike?

9)If I think of all the horrible things Lisa went through is that inspirational or cheesy?

10)Sleep would be a really good idea this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home