Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I Don't Want to go to Indiana

Let us make some assumptions. #1--I do not drown in the swim #2--I am not swept into the mouth of the river #3--I am not run over by a barge #4-- I am not run over by a truck on the bike #5--I am able to complete a 2.4 mile swim and a 112 mile bike.

Assumptions out of the way. The final event is a marathon. We start by heading over a bridge into Indiana and then we run back into Kentucky. This constitutes the only hill in the running equation. Next we run down to the University of Louisville and go pass Churchill Downs. We go out and come back and then go out and come back again. Flat and the whole event is catered with pretzels, chicken soup and other things. The run is where things get really hard and where nothing but your mental attitude will carry you through.

The goal is to make it to the finish and hear your name announced as an Ironman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home