Monday, March 20, 2006

Promises Made





OK So I did not post last week but I have an excuse. "The kid across the street did it to me".

A week ago I went to a birthday party--for a four year old. So I like cake--who does'nt? I am pretty sure that led to the searing abdominal pain that persisted for about a week. No workouts until Thursday.

I actually took Thursday and Friday off specifically to get in some long workouts. By Thursday, I was not feeling much better and I kind of figured that doing nothing was not helping so maybe doing something would work. I did get in a three hour bike ride, followed be a weak swim effort on Friday, a colder than expected two hour bike ride on Saturday and a slightly pathetic 1 hour hill session on Sunday.

The above photo is with my triathlon training staff.

So we are down to six weeks before St. Anthony's. Time to really consolidate training. I have a warm up sprint tri this week in Kentucky. It will be 3.1 mile run, 13 mile bike and 500 meter swim but in reverse order RUN-BIKE-SWIM. That way we can finish inside. Should give me some idea of what times to look for in Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home