Thursday, March 02, 2006

Taking Stock II

Tonight I went for a more aggressive training ride pushing up the times at higher heart rates. I recently got a Polar 625x that tracks and uploads heart rate times. It is interesting to see that I often do not work as hard as I thought I was. I think I tend to drift near the end of intervals.

About one year ago I started to participate in Triathlon

2005
No road biking in 20 years
Could not swim 37 yrds
Could not run one mile
Did not own Lycra
Could not tell the difference between Gatorade regular and Gatorade Endurance formula

2006
Bike for hours on end
Swam 3.5 miles this weeks
Run many miles but really slowly
Own ultra tight, European biking jacket
Buy Powerbars by the case

Ok--good start---But what about race day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home