Saturday, April 15, 2006

I have always dreamed of being with a Bunny

Today's plan was to compete in a sprint distance tri in Kentucky. I have been waiting all week to do this and it was supposed to set up my goals for St. Anthony's.

Obstacle #1

Forecast for severe, midwestern style thunderstorms. The kind that actually kill you.

Resolution

Storms clear and perfect day

Obstacle #2

Miscalculation on the timing of tri vis-a-vis our plan visit to the bunny.

Resolution

I skip the tri and go see the Bunny. Along with Ms. Ginger and baby Chase. Of course the short and the tall one also come along

Now what to do:

Sprint was to be 500m swim, 12 mile bike and 3.1 mile run

I dash to the pool and do 750 meters
Jump in the car and go to the bike trail to do 25 miles as punishment for missing the tri, followed by 6.2 miles on the run. The run seems uphill both ways even though that is tectonically impossible.

Now just have to ride 2.5 hours in the am before the Bunny arrives. Do you think the kids get my Barbi Benton references?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home