Sunday, April 09, 2006

Enthusiasm

Right now I am watching the webcast start of Ironman Arizona. They seem to be starting the swim kind of fast for people who still have to swim 2.4 mile, bike 112 miles and run a marathon. But I hate to squelch the enthusiasm.

This weekend I ran hills with great difficulty and I struggled to get in a mile of swimming intervals. But I did get them in.

Anecdote Alert:

Last year, when my wife was in the bone marrow transplant unit, I was driving up to see her early one weekend morning. As I was heading up the hill I saw these little dots running up the hill . As I got closer I realized these were Team in Training runners out for their long run leading up to the Flying Pig Marathon. I started to cry because they were running for us.

This weekend I was headed in the same direction when I saw a huge mass of humanity running hills. 4 times the size of the group I saw last year. Purple and Green--the colors of Team in Training. I started to cry again (OK I was crying because I was on my way to my own intervals but that's not the point). Did I mention that my wife remains in remission one year after her transplant?

Did I mention that Enthusiasm is contagious?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home