Saturday, April 01, 2006

Made it

Today's workout
100 yrd swim
100 yrd kick
100 yard swim
100 yard kick
Drills for 500 yards
200 yards fast, repeat 8 times
25 yards super fast, repeat 12 times

This was one of those workouts that almost wasn't kind of workouts. I was working today (Wha--Whaa--Wha). Got home tired etc. Should I go or not? I could do the swim tomarrow. Basketball is on tonight. No dinner ready.
And then the pool calls me. Actually the fear of bonking on the swim at St. Anthony's---"come to the light".

And so I go. But I am on call, what do do with the cell phone and beeper? Voice: "put them in little baggies and place at the end of the pool".

I get there--remembered the cellphone but forgot the beeper. Well, "That's it--no workout tonight. I will have to go home and get my beeper". (Aspiring triathlete removes clothes from locker and heads for the door).

"Wait a minute. Is this what a serious athlete would do?"

The plan:

After each set use the cellphone to check my messages. No need for a beeper and the delay would be minimal--esp if I swim fast.

Moral:"Don't take candy from strangers. It is high in fat and the stranger may be trying to mess up your race strategy"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home