Monday, January 15, 2007

This Land is Your Land

I am getting in a groove. Over the last couple of days I hit the folllowing workouts

1)5 am Hill run
2)Super strength workout
3)Hour and a half bike with follow up run
4) Mile and a half swim
5)Hour and a half bike while on call

In short I think we are off and running and with only about 14 weeks until St. Anthony's I need to be on the move.

But I really came to talk about , "This Land is Your Land". It's Lisa's birthday and I took her along with a couple of friends to see Lyle Lovett, John Hiatt, Joe Ely and Guy Clark (who just finished treatment for Lymphoma). Great, great show. They finished with the above mentioned song. The Woody Guhtrie classic meant as a response to the tin pan alley created and cynically manipulative , "God Bless America". Beautiful night and it made me think, We're in the "This Land is Your Land" camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home