Monday, March 19, 2007

Big Secret

Less than six weeks to go before the first big race of the season, St. Anthony's triathlon. Last year's story is well known by now with 6 foot swells in the ocean and my near demise by water. I was proud to compete and recover but just because you can make something out of trouble does not mean you should be proud of getting into trouble in the first place. So I have spent the past year correcting my faults:

1)More swim training with coach Barb
2)More weight lifting with Nick
3)Longer workouts directed by coach Bob and Walter DeNino
4)Setting the bar higher

So this year I have set my sights on a half ironman race, to set the bar even higher. My season will start with St. Anthony's ( 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike and 6 mile run) in April and end with The Buckeye Challenge in August ( 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run).

Yes, you heard it first here--A Half -Ironman. Better lose a few pounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home