Friday, March 23, 2007

I Hate CATs and PETs

So I had a conversation that went something like this (actually it went nothing like this but I thought it would make for a better story this way):

Ding-a-ling-a-ling (Not sure why I have a phone from 1942)

Wifey-"Hello "
Me-"It's me. What's up ?"
Wifey-"Nothing. Anthing going on with you? Anything to report?"
Me-"Nothing much. I am at work and blah blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda punchline. Training tonight etc etc etc. Oh by the way you're tests came back and you do not have Lymphoma and you do not have to have another transplant and you do not have to put your life on hold and you can have fun at St. Anthony's race and you can plan our 20 th aniversary get away and you can take out a lease on a new car and generally go on with you life. So, What are we having for dinner?"
Wifey-"Great. The kids need a bath tonight."

I have this system worked out with the oncology nurse. When the tests are done I epage her a text message at 6 am the next day letting her know when and where the test was done and how she can reach me. So if she gets back to me real quickly I know things are totally normal and if it takes a little while there is probably an issue but it is unlikely ot be a big deal and , finally, if it takes along time and the doctor calls---trouble. This go around the calls came early.

TeamBigWave a useful distraction from fear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home