Wednesday, March 21, 2007

TeamBigWave

I thought it would be nice to review how TeamBigWave got to this point. Frankly, blame it on Buddy.

3 years ago Lisa got sick and I thought it would be a great idea to join Team in Training and raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society while training for St. Anthony's Triathlon. Women, of course, recognize this as an example of guy logic. Guy logic goes like this:

1)My wife needs helps
2)I'll go ride a bike

Why be actually helpful, when I can be inspirational?

Along the way there was a detour when Lisa fell out of remission and had to undergo a stem cell transplant. So I left the St. Anthony's Team. Along came Buddy Hammerman who dusted off his bike and "took my place" by participating with Team in Training in the 100 mile America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride in Lake Tahoe. Later that year Lisa was better and I completed the Chicago triathlon with Lisa, Buddy , Renea, John and Julie in attendance. A great idea was born and we have spent the last three years informally supporting each other.

TeamBigWave Athletes
Buddy Hammerman-Cycling
Carol Craige-Half Marathon
Sarah Suraci-Half Marathon
Gwen Linthicum-Triathlete
Greg Clarke-Triathlete
David Young-Triathlete
Rob Rothaus-Cycling
Brian Carroll-Triathlete

Who's Next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home