Monday, April 09, 2007

Lucinda and Jan are TeamBigWave

Lucinda is in training. My neighbor, Lucinda, helped organize last year's Tri For Joe. The season starting race is great beacuse it benefits the Down Syndrome Society , occurs near my house and the swim happen in a pool that is only 6 inches at its edge (an easy out).

Last year she did the stroller walk as well as helping to organize the kids race. This year--the plan is to RUN the 5 k. So she has been off and in training and Lisa tells me that that she looks ready.


Jan did the 10 K Heart Mini Marathon. Did I mention her back surgery? Did I mention the grade uphill on the way back to the finish line. Did I mention her donation to our St. Anthony's Team? True grit. Our kind of effort. Our kind of athlete.

And I'm complaining about a little swim? Ok , a little swim with sharks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home