Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Feel Lucky

This weekend I hit the sweet spot.

First I was interviewed by the fabulous Jen Murphy of the Wall Street Journal who wants to do a column about our TeamBigWave efforts. Hopefully, we will make into into print or whatever the online equivalent is.

This was to be a big weekend for biking and thunderstorms were planned for both days.

Saturday I went to Team in Training practice. Using my new aerobars I was able to get in a 25 mile bike and then a 6.2 mile run. We did this to remind ourselves that biking 25 miles and running 6.2 miles is really hard. So I did finish and then sat down in the parking lot. As an aside I should mention that I bring my own chair to practice so that I can sit next to by rear bumper and eat PowerBars after practice.

No sooner did I sit down when , "Raindrops keep falling on my head". Perfect we got one in. The only bad thing--I now need a nap.

Sunday I did the unthinkable. Slept until 9 am with Lisa running interference on the kids. I had a 3:30 bike plannned with a 7:15 start time. Instead we start at 10:30 with perfect weather and beautiful skies. Good luck continues.

Now over to Christopher's first soccer game. Yes, it starts for me now. Carrying on in the Murtaugh tradition he is the smallest guy out there. The score is NIL to NIL and they put my guy in goal. The other team scores a goal and we are down. Next shot on goal we corrects his technique and blocks the shot. Then with about one minute to go our team scores a goal and the game ends tied. Murtaughs off the hook. In the words of Mary Chapin Carpenter, "Ohhhh I feel lucky today".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home