Thursday, August 07, 2008

Educating Rita

Your family suffers when you train for Ironman. Of course in my case, they kind of benefit when I am out of their hair for a long time.

The kids and even Lisa like to sit around and watch TV. Breakfast is around 10 am and very lesiurely. When I am around on the weekend there are forced marches, 7 am trips to Lowes ( for what I don't know) and 8:15 breakfast at the Echo. Let's just say that I am missed but not THAT much.

True enough but your family still has to put up with endless discussions related to triathlon. Have you ever discussed whether you should drink 22 oz of water every hour vs 16 oz of water with 20 oz of Infinit custom blended sports drink? That presumes that you have had a discussion about the appropriate sodium and potassium concentration in the Infinit sports. You have had that discussion, now haven't you?

So they do suffer in some ways. Case in point: Lisa had to watch to 2 hour dvd discussing race staregy with me last night. Afterwards we had to dissect each recomendation for another hour.

I know she must be worried because she actually pretended to be interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home