Friday, August 29, 2008

What a Scene

I have been down in Louisville getting things set up. It is a crazy scene down there.

1)Got everything set up and then spent most of two days trying to make sure that I had not forgot something--huge anxiety

2)Had a bad meal at Champions bar--then I noticed the Ironman Champ leaving from the same place. So he eats the same crap I do.

3)The heat is up, up ,up. But no rain and little wind.

4)I got to do a practice swim in the river today. It went really well. Clearly my swimmong has improved a lot and if I execute, I should be ok for the first leg.

5)I have been keeping track and believe that there may be two guys fatter than me. So my only hope is to finish ahead of the really old guys.

6)The finish line is going to be super exciting with a real party like atmosphere.

7)Louisville is on fire with tons of people and a million things going on right now.

8)I am planning on bringing the whole crew down to Louisville tommarrow. I actually came home tonight. This turned out to be a good thing since I was getting a little buggy down in Louisville.

1 Comments:

Blogger DAY said...

You rock Tom! (says Jody)

Great recon work Tom. We got Lisa's message last night and hope to see you this pm maybe at the bike check in.

Safe Travels,
1st Turn Jody and David

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home