Saturday, August 30, 2008

Live From the Race Venue

We are just fourteen hours before start time and things are heating up. I am not speaking figuratively. It is boiling hot down here. I was prepared for hot but give me a break.

I think I got dehydrated just walking the mile to the swim start. So tomarrow will belong to the following groups of people;

1)The Thin--Is this not always the case. If only I had known the eating right and being healthy could be an advantage.

2)The Hydrated--This one I can do. I have made huge mistakes in the past but now those mistakes come back to help me.

3)The Paced--Tomarrow is not a day to go fast. It is a day to survive. Frankly, that's where I live. every workout is survival for me. So I have a good feel for what I can do in these condtions.

A few other points:

1) I went to the swim start and it looks even more attractive. Secluded, narrow and less current than the main channel. After we hit the turn it is out into the main shipping channel for a big long float home.

2)All kidding aside, the heat could turn tomarrow into a bloodbath. i would suspect there will be a high number of non finishers.

3)Given the conditions I peg my chances of success tomarrow at 60-70%. Sorry I meant to say----IRONMAN or BUST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home